Monday, March 10, 2008

Ohh, that dark shit is nice...

A couple of buddies of mine work at a pretty drunk place called The Brick Store in Decatur, Georgia, just outside of Atlanta. It's a plum of a place serving all kinds of brews: new and old, big and small, high grav and low grav, domestic and foreign, light and dark, and all or most of them very delicioso. Upstairs is a small, cozy side bar that specializes in Belgian beers. Monks make 'em, I drink 'em, then kiss all the girls that the monks aren't kissin. Not really, but I go home and look at them on the internet. Anyhoo,.. recently my friend that tends bar forwarded me onto a lovely beer callad Allagash Black.
On tap, it's lovely, in the bottle, it's lovely. You can't go wrong. The reason why I like it so much is that it's dark, not too sweet, and highly carbonated. Love them bubbles. I knocked back a bottle of it last Friday night, while playing a rousing game of Pit and Global Nuclear Warfare with some buddies at a board game night. The combination of Loco's hot wings, several PBR's, a few Kingfishers (meant for a later post), Asahi's and one bottle of Black allowed me to enjoy a thick stew of throbbing headaches, a few diareeree's and some audible moans and groans the next morning. But, all said and done, it was worth it.

No comments: